Although we are learning more about the world of health and fitness everyday through so many different forms, it intrigues me to know what Stefan always has to say when he shares his thoughts and experiences. I recently was introduced to the gym where Stefan carries out his daily duties, we shot a various amount of movement photos along with a couple of portraits. He is so inspiring when it comes to his work as I can honestly say he does it truly out of passion. As well as being a good friend for many years, he is very eager and encouraging when it comes to anyone that works with him. I thought I should share an insight to how he opens a great view on how to love what you do and always stay hungry to push for more achievements in life.
1. How long have you been in this industry for ?
Seven or eight years now. It all started with a tv program called insanity and then saw the effects and thought I should join a gym.
2. Are there some days you feel like you would want to work in another field of work?
I wouldn’t say certain days I feel this way but I could see myself doing something else in the future, maybe not another field but something big linked too health and fitness.
3. How did you know you wanted to choose fitness as a career?
When I was 17, I felt I had enough with my weight and discovered my passion along with the idea of what could be achieved. In order to inspire those with similar stories to be the best version of themselves as possible.
4. Do you feel you will remain in this fitness world forever ?
Ideally I would like to grow in the felid and expand further than working for a gym. Building a brand and business. Educate fitness/ personal training knowledge in Gibraltar.
5. If you could describe your self in three words as a personal trainer what would they be?
Motivated, committed, and sometimes your worst nightmare
6. If you could give any advice to those interested in following in the same footsteps of becoming a personal trainer, what would it be?
Don’t do it for the money, if you are a money driven individual it’s not for you. You need to love it and be driven by your clients worth ethic and changing peoples lives. Don’t treat your clients like customers, they are so much more. Build a relationship, you have as much to learn from them as they do from you!
7. How did you have the confidence to pursue the courage to believe in yourself ?
It about knowing your worth, choose something you like and are good at naturally. Hundreds of people might disagree with the services provided but the only concern is about those seeking the professional service and help offered.
8. When we speak about diet, how important is it to follow a disciplined diet and why ?
I like to avoid the term diet! That’s when it becomes a challenge and unrealistic to maintain. I feel it’s all about balance and making your eating habits a lifestyle rather than a daunting task.
9. What do you think is most important to live a healthy lifestyle; Diet or fitness ?
Similar to what I said previously, balance and making it something that is part of your life and not a task. If you don’t enjoy the gym then why not do something fun like go for a cycle or a hike? But if I were too choose one it would be diet, fuelling your body with vital nutrients can only be beneficial & you can’t out-train a bad diet!
10. What motivates you to eat healthy ?
Waking up every morning feeling great and full of energy ready to take on the day! When I over indulge in unhealthy foods I feel it instantly the next day, sort of like a hangover, and I can be super unproductive!
11. How can we find out more about you and the knowledge you share about fitness and health ?
You can find me on social media via Instagram: @stefanalmanpt
Facebook: Stefan Alman Personal Training & Online coaching. Or at Musclemaniacs Allans Gym where I carry out my work
It seems like i’ve known Demi forever, I couldn’t tell you how or when we met it just feels that i’ve always known her! I’ve got a lot of time and respect for her, she is a very special person. We are both very different but there is one thing that we both share… and that’s our passion for what we do for a living; i’ve seen her work up close and you can just feel her energy flow through that lense.
Photos & Interview By Demi Francesca